The landlord should return your deposit as a matter of law.

If the landlord does not do so, you will only get your deposit back by a lawsuit.

That requires that you take your landlord to court. If the judge rules in your favor, he or she will order the landlord to return the deposit.

The process of getting your security deposit back through taking your landlord to court requires that you follow proper procedures.

We can help you with those procedures.

Before exercising your rights, you should get our experienced assistance.

If you need help getting back your deposit, please call us at: (773) 478-1133

[The Illinois Tenants Union is not a law firm or legal services corporation; however, our executive director is a licensed Illinois attorney. And, we also have relationships with other experienced attorneys who will legally represent tenants should the need arise.]

If you have any questions or would like more information, or to discuss your rights please contact us (773) 478-1133, email us, or use our online request form.

Home | Resources | About Us | Contact Us | Newsletter | Tenant News | Break Lease | Eviction | Security Deposit | Repair | FAQ


Copyright 2007 Illinois Tenants Union. Illinois Web Design by